Silkstone Common Junior And Infant School

Your new design will be uploaded in:
Please contact Delivery Team on
0113 3200 750 if you have any queries.

Moorend Lane, Barnsley, South Yorkshire, S75 4QT


Silkstone Common Junior And Infant School

Where Success Begins Together in a Happy Place



If my child needs to be absent from school due to illness or some other reason what do I need to do?

Please let us know as soon as possible if your child is absent from school.  Please report your child's absence by telephoning the main school telephone number.  Failure to do so may be considered as an unauthorised absence from school. A special record of severe unauthorised absences has to be officially recorded.

Lateness has to be recorded as a 'late mark' for registration purposes.

What happens if a child takes ill in school?

If your child is ill in school we will make every effort to contact you or your nominated representative. It is therefore important that we have a record of a contact name and telephone number or an address if someone other than a parent needs to be contacted.

We will always act in the best interest of the child and deal with the problems should we be unable to make contact.


If my child needs to take prescribed medication during school hours what should I do?

In exceptional circumstances, and then only by prior arrangement may children be in the possession of medicines/inhalers. If medication is important then we ask that the medicines be clearly labelled with the child's name and also that the pharmacist's label giving the doctor's instructions on dosage and the interval between doses be clearly readable.

Medicines should be delivered personally to the School Secretary. You will be required to complete the Medical Form below.

Medical Form