Silkstone Common Junior And Infant School

Your new design will be uploaded in:
Please contact Delivery Team on
0113 3200 750 if you have any queries.

Moorend Lane, Barnsley, South Yorkshire, S75 4QT


Silkstone Common Junior And Infant School

Where Success Begins Together in a Happy Place

Holidays and absence

If my child needs to be absent from school due to illness or some other reason what do I need to do?

Please let us know as soon as possible if your child is absent from school. Failure to do so may be considered as an unauthorised absence from school. A special record of severe unauthorised absences has to be officially recorded.

Lateness has to be recorded as a 'late mark' for registration purposes.


What do I need to do if my child needs to be absent from school because our holidays occur at times other than in the school holidays?

A holiday form which can be printed from below or available from the school office, should be completed if you are taking your child out of school for a holiday.  The guidelines given from the Local Authority and the Governing Body is that leave of absence from school is not permitted for holidays.


Therefore the absence for any holiday within term time will be recorded as ‘unauthorised’.


Holiday form.pdf


2021-2022 holiday dates.pdf